Dr hab. Łukasz Kajtoch
Principal Research Interests
- Systematics, phylogeny, phylogeography, molecular ecology, population and conservation genetics of invertebrates (mainly beetles).
- Ecology, conservation biology, faunistics and population genetics of birds.
- Nature conservation.
Current Research Projects
- Genetical and ecological structure of populations of predaceous beetles (Bembidiini and Paederini) characteristic for riverine habitats in the Carpathians.
- Phylogeography and species delimitation of flat bark beetles Cucujus - saproxylic flagship species of natural forests.
- The influence of the environmental factors on the relationship of insects with the associated microbiome.
- The use of birds and insects as indicators of the role of lianas in preserving the biodiversity of arboreal habitats.
- Spatial ecology of raptors and owls - the impact of the distribution of other species and habitats.
- Phylogeography and hybridization among woodpeckers from the genus Dendrocopos.
Lists of research projects and scientific publications are available at:
oraz na wybranych profilach naukowych:
View/Download publication list (PDF)See publication list